Bishop Edward J. Burns uses a bush plane to
make pastoral visits. Courtesy of Bishop Burns
Many dioceses are scheduling lectures, discussion forums and youth events for the Year of Faith.
Others are promoting service days, local pilgrimages and a return to meatless Fridays.
All are doing something to promote the deepening of faith, a renewed conversion and a New Evangelization. Here are some of their stories.
- How the Diocese of Juneau, Alaska's widely flung flock is ministered to by a flying bishop
- The Diocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis online initiative, 'Rediscover Faith' that includes a smartphone app
- The Diocese of Cleveland's 'Faith and Life: A Living Witness' series of testimonials
- The Diocese of Honolulu, Hawaii, celebration to the islands diversity of culture. Don't miss Bishop Larry Silva's 'Pastoral Letter to Surfers in the Year of Faith'!
- The Diocese of Salt Lake City's 'Collage of Doors' poster, bringing Pope Benedict's apostolic letter Porta Fidei to life.